Principal Consultant – Digital Workplace (VMware)
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Multiple Positions)
- Subject Matter Expert capable to articulate expertly solutions through written or verbal methods.
- Be able to troubleshoot complex problems quickly and effectively.
- Configures and implements a suite of VMware virtualization technologies and concepts.
- Plan, design, implementation and maintain compute, storage and network infrastructure to support multiple Enterprise GEO-locations
- Define and implement comprehensive automation processes for VMware, including creating scripts for recurring system tasks and proactive monitoring.
- Develop and implement tactical and strategic plans for VMware environment
- Advanced PowerShell / PowerCLI scripting skills
- Performing the installation, configuration and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to, vCenter Server
- Appliance, vRealize Operations Manager (vROps), vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), vRealize Business, ESXi, Update Manager, Vmware Workspace ONE, Identity manager, etc.
- Providing configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware
- Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting VMware vSphere physical hardware and virtual machine performance
- Design and implement convergent technologies such as VMware VSAN
- Design and implement Virtual Desktop Infrastructure modules and tools such as VMWare Horizon View, Application Virtualization, and Stateless VDI
- Accountable to lead and guide the completion of major programs and projects
- Participates as a Subject Matter Expert in technical and business discussions with clients, teammates, vendors, partners and /or upper level managers
- Ability to manage and/or lead cross-functional teams for customer engagements
- Proven success oriented professional attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience and in-depth understanding of Active Directory, DNS and other Windows core services.
- Knowledge and experience with designing, deploying and maintaining Vmware infrastructure
Desired active certificates:
- VCAP7-DTM Certification or higher is highly desired.
- ITIL® Foundation Level Certification.
- CompTIA Security+, VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DCV), Familiarity with Enterprise IT environments, tools, data management policies and architectures, and organizations.
- Experience with IT service management best practices.